Neko.exe crash compiling from Flash Develop

That’s an interesting question, I do not have much experience in that regard, I agree neko is really nice as a cross platform command tool (much better / cleaner than using .bat and .sh).

I also experiment with it on the server-side with Nginx and Tora and the performance is pretty good (much better than php, don’t know how well it performs against node.js thought I still need to test that)

As for desktop testing target, I don’t know which I will choose but probably not Java (personally I never enjoyed it and it is not as popular as it used to be), node.js has the advantage of having a growing community and being supported / updated by a lot more people over neko.

I think too that I hit some kind of code size limit or even max # of variables / methods / etc. But I am not sure…

Hey guys, I just had neko.exe crash from FlashDevelop. On my system here, I limited the virtual memory size because my hard drive space is so small. It crashed because neko ran out of memory while it was creating the SWF. I closed Flash CC and tried again and it worked, since it freed up enough memory to allow it to work.

Sorry to revive this topic, but I face this issue today

“Uncaught exception - std@module_read”

and could solve it using this:

<haxedef name="no-inline" />

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/haxeflixel/ZJyAC2vHIYk

Hope this helps

The issue is that Neko hits a file size limit with applications. There is a newer release that has a larger file size limit, but it still exists. I wonder what version is being used, or how large the file size is when inlining?

We didn’t update the mac neko binaries,

@jfroco what os was that?