Ios disable bitcode by default

I’ve just installed xcode 7-beta and when I compile my app I get error “-fembed-bitcode is not supported on versions of iOS prior to 6.0”. If I disable bitcode in build options manualy my app works fine, however this setting is overrided after every compilation. Can I disable this somehow from application.xml?

It has to do with the Xcode template we generate. One way to find the difference is to 1.) Generate your project, 2.) Open in Xcode, 3.) Copy the project somewhere, 4.) Make your change, 5.) Run a tool to compare the difference between the xcodeproj files (before and after)

I wonder if we should update our minimum target to 6.0, or if we can do something to set it to false unless you use a target of 6.0 or greater

1 Like

This is basically what I’ve been doing, but I’d like to add a step between 2 and 3.

The problem is, Xcode doesn’t quite agree with OpenFL’s template about a few minor details, such as the order of certain lines. If you follow the steps as stated above, the tool will highlight a bunch of irrelevant changes, and you’ll have to work out which ones apply to your use case.

I’m pretty sure that step 2 alone is not enough: Xcode doesn’t save its changes immediately; it waits until you make a change. Therefore:

1. Generate your project. ("lime test ios")
  2. Open in Xcode.
    2.5) Make any change (besides the one you’re interested in).
  3. Make a copy of the project file.
  4. Make the change you’re interested in.
  5. Run a tool to find the difference. (FileMerge works well for this. To find it, view the package contents of Xcode.app, and search for “FileMerge.app.”)
2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try this tomorrow :slight_smile:

It worked :slight_smile: I’ve had to add ENABLE_BITCODE = NO; in two places in project.pbxproj file:

1D6058950D05DD3E006BFB54 /* Release */ = {/* Build configuration list for PBXNativeTarget "::APP_TITLE::" */
			isa = XCBuildConfiguration;
			buildSettings = {
				ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_APPICON_NAME = AppIcon;
				ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_LAUNCHIMAGE_NAME = LaunchImage;
                                ENABLE_BITCODE = NO;
1D6058940D05DD3E006BFB54 /* Debug */ = {/* Build configuration list for PBXNativeTarget "::APP_TITLE::" */
			isa = XCBuildConfiguration;
			buildSettings = {
				ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_APPICON_NAME = AppIcon;
				ASSETCATALOG_COMPILER_LAUNCHIMAGE_NAME = LaunchImage;
				ENABLE_BITCODE = NO;

Thanks for help.

Thanks! I think I have it fixed in the development builds, now :smile:

1 Like