IntelliJ run configuration fails with two empty error messages

Building from IntelliJ IDEA is giving me two empty error messages. Neither error message provides any description of the error, just an empty message stating: Error:

However, the build appears to be successful. If I target Flash, the under Export/flash/bin the SWF file exists and runs perfectly. It’s like the return code from the compiler is being incorrectly interpreted as an error.

Regardless of build target or project, it appears to be an issue with the plugin to IntelliJ.

Projects compile without issue and run great via the command line.

Environment:

• IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 14.0.1
  • Haxe toolkit 3.1.3
  • Haxe support custom language Plugin 0.8.1 updated August 21, 2014

Project:

Module:

Run configuration:

I had the same problem. I fixed it by using TiVo’s version of the plugin. That one fixed this problem and a few others I was having.

Although I may be wrong, I think the plugin hosted by JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Plugins was developed by TiVo - JetBrains GitHub intellij-haxe repo indicates to report issues to TiVo’s fork of the plugin.

IntelliJ 14 support is apparently a known issue, and updates on a separate branch will be built and loaded to the plugins repository soon.

Able to locate an old install of IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.3, I installed the TiVo / Intellij-haxe plugin and was able to build and run without issue. Debugging is still a problem, though.

• Mac OS target: After launch, IntelliJ IDEA is frozen. App launches, but IntelliJ is complete unresponsive, and debugger does not attach.
  • Flash target: Debugger never attaches. Plugin and projector content debugger is installed. Also OpenFL compiler arguments never persist - when I close the Project Structure dialog and reopen it, my previously entered values are lost.

There are a few different bugs relating to IntelliJ, and debugging currently open.

Unfortunately debugging is not currently functional for me.

Thanks for the information, though.