How to use ANGLE library on old machines

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Sound.hx:101: Error: Could not load “my music.ogg”

Thanks a lot for looking at the sound loading problem. My problem list only has ANGLE support left! For the custom asset type, all I did is loading the individual assets in byte array and compress it using GZIP then save it somewhere(I think this is enough to keep some people out). Also I think using this method we can make custom asset package files as well. I am afraid I don’t have enough knowledge to integrate it into the command line tool tho.

For ANGLE, I think after the stable default ANGLE build is out for next, it would be easy to just port it to legacy. Same principle I guess, and some modifications to the shaders.

I am investigating the high memory usage. I used some tile sheet that is 4096 by 4096, and that took a lot of memory for some reason. After some investigations I found that for each tile sheet instance(with different bitmapdata), as long as you called draw tiles on it once, there is a memory usage with the exact size as the bitmapdata, which is pretty big already. I 'll wait til I get back to my desktop and try and see if the problem is caused by individual machines or by the new lime version. Once I done that I 'll probably open a new thread.

I moved a post to a new topic: Description on how asset packing might be added to the tools

What’s the current state of ANGLE+Openfl? Is still the plan to merge them by default? I made a clean build + the @vroad 's angle .dlls and I’m getting a black screen. Also tested some chrome dlls same result.

I’m also using ANGLE dlls from “Chrome 44.0.2403.155 m” and have no problems in rendering.
I’m using my own lime fork now though.

Thank you @vroad for your reply, I will try your branch. @larsiusprime told me that some users were experimenting black screens. I want to be sure that I’m not making a mistake before I submit an issue.

Does basic function like glClear() work?

I recently found out that LIME_GLES is not defined on ANGLE, but this should affect only a few functions.

• glClearDepthf
  • glDepthRangef
  • glGetShaderPrecisionFormat

I found other problems too, but these should not affect rendering.

• Lime tries to load functions that no longer exist on OpenGL ES
  • If Lime fails to load an OpenGL ES function, Lime will try to find ARB-suffixed version, even though ANGLE implementation has no function that ends with “ARB”

Any news on ANGLE support for legacy?

1 Like