drawTriangles not working on mac?

Is anyone else getting issues using drawTriangles on mac CPP targets? It works perfectly on windows but when building for osx I get major slow down and any sprite using drawTriangles is invisible… Is this a common issue and does anyone know how to resolve this?

Massive thanks!

Did you try adding <set name="lime-hybrid" /> or <set name="openfl-legacy" /> before <haxelib name="openfl" />, maybe its a bug of the latest release.

Which version are you using?

@juakob Ok I tried that and it seemed to break a few more things, thanks for the suggestion though : )

@singmajesty I’m using Lime v2.3.3 and OpenFL v3.0.3, which should both be the latest versions.

Thanks for the help guys!

I’m having the same issue on Lime 2.5.0 OpenFL 3.1.4

<set name="openfl-legacy" /> Gets stuff displaying correctly, any ideas how to fix without falling back to openfl-legacy?

I recently went through, testing drawTriangles on older versions of OpenFL. I got back to nearly the beginning of OpenFL 3 and couldn’t get it to work. I’m going to presume that drawTriangles (in the new renderer) never worked on OS X for some reason, so we’ll have to try and discover why its upset

1 Like

Oh wow, I am glad you posted this.
I was trying to make a project with drawTiles about a month ago and I figured I was just doing something stupid, but I only have a Mac to test on.