Does openfl support 64-bit devices on Android?

I got an email from google about this. Support for 64-bits devices will be mandatory starting August 1, 2019.

I’m not sure if Openfl android apps already are building for 32 and 64-bits devices.

https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit

1 Like

Yes, we already support 64-bit on Android, but it is possible that we do not include <architecture name="arm64" /> by default on Android yet

Probably because it requires a newer NDK to support than developers might be using already

2 Likes

What about x86_64?

Looks like 64-bit x86 is not supported in the tools yet

Perhaps it would be pretty easy to add. Just run lime rebuild tools if you make any changes

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

Google is forcing everyone to support 64bit starting August 1, including x86_64.
I guess, it has to be added to OpenFL now.

UPDATE: I’ve tried to add x86_64 support to AndroidPlatform.hx and did lime rebuild tools, but now getting the following error, when compiling my game:

Error: Source path “C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,5,0/ndll/Android/liblime-x64.so” does not exist

In lib/Android folder there all the libs except this one. :slight_smile:

Oh I thought we needed ARM64 only? Isn’t X86_64 only for desktop simulators?

According to Google, not only for emulators:

I made some progress here:

…but there’s no support in the HXCPP toolchain for Android currently for X86_64:

I think that’s the next step?

If you asking me about next step, I have no idea. :smiley:
Haxe/OpenFL is mostly a black box for me.

The only thing I know, starting August 1st Google Play will stop accepting updates, if they don’t support 64bit architectures.

Picture is from here, and they also write:

It is not required to support every 64-bit architecture, but for each native 32-bit architecture you support you must include the corresponding 64-bit architecture.

This sounds like ARM64 should be enough!?

Some further info about the topic here

Well, I’m providing x86 already, but thanks for clarification. :slight_smile:

Must have missed your post where you mentioned that, but thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

At least all other android devs here(if there are any!?), dont get confused(like me), thinking both 64bit versions are mandatory.

Never mentioned before, but x86_64 was mandatory in my head.
Sorry for confusion!

I guess, it’s related, post it here so I can find it later. :slight_smile: