Direct AIR output from FlashDevelop?

HI, I’m trying to simplify my development process, building AIR apps directly from Haxe code. FlashDevelop does have a project template for that (named “AIR Projector”) for Haxe development. It does work well, but it seems I can’t make OpenFL work on it.

With a new project of this kind, I just add some libraries manually (openfl 4.5.2, actuate 1.8.7, lime 3.5.2, starling 1.8.3 - air3 is automatically add by the template). Haxe version is 3.4.0. However, when I try to build some code, I get this error message:

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl/4,5,2/openfl/display/IBitmapDrawable.hx:16: characters 47-60 : Type not found : RenderSession

While developing with the standard OpenFL template from FlashDevelop everything runs fine (with same library versions). Is there a way to solve this?

I managed to solve the problem above by manually adding the path to the openfl, lime and starling libraries on the project classpaths. Now, the problem I’m facing is this error:

[Fault] exception, information=VerifyError: Error #1014: Class openfl.display::Application could not be found.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I would recommend “openfl build flash” to compile your SWFs, once, we had AIR-based support built into our command-line tools. If there’s interest, I’m open to an openfl test air or openfl test flash -air option in there

It would be nice to have this direct AIR output - I use it a lot to produce applications with built in support for video playback. Using the FlashDevelop template seems a dead-end for now. I did manage to solve the last problem I posted here but many more appeared after that…

Currently I’m exporting my code as swc and importing it as a library on my Apache Flex projects. It helps me to write a single code for HTML5 and AIR output.