Customize preloader html5 : different background image?

Any chance these two problems will be fixed in nearest future? :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay, on the latest development build, I was able to fix the preloader by removing back.width = w; and back.height = h from your preloader code. Initially on HTML5, BitmapData is not fully loaded, so the bitmapData.width and height are each zero. Setting bitmap.width and height applies a scale, which ends up creating trouble. Open to ideas if this can be handled better somehow. Otherwise, you should be able to Assets.loadBitmapData (with a non-embedded asset, perhaps of a different asset library of some kind?) or the simpler BitmapData.loadFromFile, which provides a callback so you can manage your image after it’s fully loaded, when this code is guaranteed to work. I didn’t see an issue with the sound, at least on this machine

Your majesty :wink: , am I right saying that we can’t load preloader graphics(progress bar etc) prior to loading other libraries marked for preload (html5)?
As far as I understand and samples posted here… we can start loading “preloader” lib, but it will be loaded in parallel with the openfl.display.Preloader work (or whatever is using it) .

Also I was hoping that embed=“true” would make it loaded prior to preload=“true” marked libs
but no luck with that.
It would be nice to have a callback or event, to handle that, like hey all embeds loaded))
or some hook to suspend (keep from starting) the main load process,
load our “preload” lib and then let it continue with our marvelous progress bar on screen already

thanx!)

Hmm, yes, it is possible that it would get stuck in the preload queue behind other assets. Another alternative would be to use BitmapData.loadFromFile directly, I’m not sure if that would avoid the queue and load immediately?

EDIT: Perhaps you could try modifying this value:

Try a super-high value, and see if it behaves differently

In my project, I use:

@:bitmap("Assets/some.png") class Background extends BitmapData {}

class SomePreloader extends Sprite {
    public function new() {
        super();

this.addChild(new Bitmap(new Background(0, 0)));
    }
}

This class is then set as preloader in project.xml file. Works perfectly fine.