Compiling windows cpp from linux using minGW, Its Possible!

There are DLL files that hxcpp copies, but is not copied by openfl to the bin directory. how do we fix this?

It’s defined in the Lime include.xml file :slight_smile:

ok, now checking, and making experiments. :smile:

another thought, where can we find the LIME windows 64 bit DLLs?

It seems that include.xml does copies files from haxe folder.

Hxcpp on the other hand copies files from compiler directory into the Export directory. As I remember it, it copies the files to Export/Windows/cpp/obj folder.

That is also the location where the first build of EXE file resides.

So when we completed to run Hxcpp, we have to manually copy those dll’s from Export/Windows/cpp/obj folder to Export/Windows/cpp/bin folder.

Does WindowsPlatform.hx has an implementation to automatically do this (that may just be not working)?

The “include.xml” file for Lime should specify the HXCPP files we want to copy into the final Export directory :slight_smile:

So is it possible to trigger the Windows build from Linux host using the openfl build windows command in newer lime versions? Doing so triggers only neko build for me.

Hi, sorry that it took months before I could reply, I think that functionality was not yet being implemented in Lime/OpenFL but Still, we were able to build windows apps from Linux.

RetardMode has a version of Lime that is capable of doing this

Thanks for link I will compile and openfl will same -Dmingw?

Hi, I guess yes you should add -Dmingw, you can also refer on the link for the complete procedure