Beginner Question: MingwSupport

You may be looking for XCross

I’ll check it, but I think it is neko target with mac executable as entry point. I think rather about compiling to native macosx.

I got good news! I was able to compile 32-bit app using mingw lime.ndll and it works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Works in linux wine? Or on Win also?

Wine. Its was a cross-compile from Linux. :slight_smile:

Hmm… Does ReplaceVistaIcon works?

I was compiling directly from my linux machine, I guess ReplaceVistaIcon would not work there, but my test environment was on wine. But I got another good news, the binary I have compiled works on my friend’s Win7. :slight_smile:

HerokuShaders also compiles and works, all shaders, no issue so far.

In case you want to test, I used Mingw 4.9.2 from my Linux repositories, my GCC is 4.9.2

Could You add link to zipped application somehow? What linux You are using?

I used Fedora 21, here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfpdlku3kxjjhhs/Heroku.tar.xz?dl=0

Well, it actually works:) I tested Your app, and other tests on kubuntu yesterday, both arch are compiling - 32 and 64 bit. Need to update info on readme and ok.
And of course Vista Icon isn’t working, byt will try to fix it also (icon.ico is created and put in proper place, so maybe it will not need a lot of tweaking).
BTW I got libgcc and libstdc in my usr/lib/gcc/$(arch)-w64-mingw folder.

That’s a great news! Next thing to do maybe, yeah, fix icons and ensure that MSVC Lime.ndll don’t mix up with MinGW Lime.ndll (32bit & 64bit). :slight_smile:

We’ll do both stuff :slight_smile: But second problem (mixing compiler versions) will be hard to do, because different parts of build script uses this lib and they have different ways of getting into lime folder. It would be easy to edit copying of lime from Mingw folder when running Mingw i guess, but there is last part of building with vista icon, and that is where the problem lays. Fixing it will ease folder proper setting up :wink:

Yes, exactly! :slight_smile: Let us see what stuffs we can do on fixing the Vista icon issue :slight_smile:

Ah, and there is also lime-legacy to fix, so that flixel could run on crosscompilation also:)

Yes, should update that as well. By the way, your branch is 2 commits behind OpenFl/Lime from Joshua, I guess it should be re-based?

Now I’m at work, in the evening will do it :wink: I got 9:30 AM now
Edit:
I updateg git, and added lime-legacy support for Mingw Windows (later will check on linux also), so flixel is also working for 32 and 64 bits now.

I think main parts are done.
Compiling lime and lime-legacy works both for MinGW on linux, and on Windows.
ReplaceVistaIcon should also work (on linux there should be also WINE and compiled lime.ndll for linux, so that ReplaceVistaIcon could work).
There is also this possibility of adding extra Mingw folder for lime.ndll’s. It will need a little bit of tweaking, but I think it will be done also, so we could have everything working (besides updating readme :slight_smile: .

Yhea, we got to update WindowsPlatform.hx for some copying thing regarding Mingw Lime.ndll.

I think we can add Icons to applications in Linux, It was highlighted here How do I add Icon using mingw

Evan of Stackoverflow said something like this:

First you need to create a .rc file that looks something like this:

id ICON "path/to/my.ico"

Well, actually, I suppose you need to create the icon first… but
anyway… the ID can pretty much anything. It doesn’t matter unless you
want to refer to it in your code.

Then run windres as follows:

i686-w64-mingw32-windres my.rc -O coff -o my.res

Then you just include my.res along with your object files when you link. e.g.,

i686-w64-mingw32-g++ -o my_app obj1.o obj2.o my.res