Windows export: 'cl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

ah, nice feature.

so how to prevent an issue like this in the future? is anyone with VS 2014+ going to encounter this since cl.exe might be missing?

I think anyone who installed VS 2014 without checking the correct checkbox will encounter this. There isn’t much we can do about that except let people know.

1 Like

is now changed to

HXCPP_MSVC

1 Like

i just update to
openfl 8.1.1
lime 6.3.1
hxcpp 3.4.188

and this problem still persist today:
‘cl.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error: Could not create PCH

can we have a document to solve this ?

i look for the Win32 C++ support but cant find it

is this what we have to look at? VC++ 2017 version 15.7 v14.14 Libs for Spectre (x86 and x64)

where can we found visual studio 10 these day?

Hi,

AFAIK, VSC 10 has issues and compiles very slow, if at all. VSC 17 has other issues, too. I installed VSC 15. You need to make a free account here, https://www.visualstudio.com/, and when you log in you can download older versions.

This link is after you have an account and are logged in. It might not work. If not go to downloads after you log in.

https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=Visual%20Studio%202015%20with%20Update%203

If I remember, it didn’t install VC++ by default and I got the same cl.exe not found error. I went to control panel and changed the install from there, without reinstalling.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

i install visual estudio 2013, but whem i compile with openfl 4.2.0 and lime 3.2.1 hxcpp 3.2.102

i got this error
Error: Could not find include file “C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/hxcpp/3,2,102/src/hx/libs/regexp/Build.xml”

why im using this older settings? because i just came from openfl 8 etc and it is real slow, like 10 fps now, really dont know what happen to openfl

I just upgraded from OpenFL 3.6.1 and Lime 2.9.1 to the latest and I still have good fps. Maybe you need to update hxcpp and/or haxe? I’m using hxcpp 3.4.64 and haxe 3.4.6.

i try all that but it is too slow and amost every line of code crash.

10 FPS on C++, or on Neko? Are you using a framework (like Flixel), or using OpenFL directly? Do you use cacheAsBitmap or filters?

Openfl directly, whem i activate flag hardware = true, the fps drops like 10 fps,

new openfl change the way sprite.graphics.draw works? because i use a lot that, and a lots of sprite on scene, like 1 sprite for every tile. Openfl 4.2.0 run really nice, but i need to make this works on new openfl so i can use the fixed SampleDataEvent for music.