Webos build not working in FlashDevelop

Hi,

I need to create a ProofOfConcept for an existing app written on Adobe AIR to WebOS. The app is heavy based on loading images, videos and swf’s and display them based on a day-by-day schedule.

I’ve created so far some applications written in Haxe/OpenFL to export on Web and they went smoothly.
But, even I have the webos target in FlashDevelop dropdown, even I installed the WebOS sdk, even I “lime setup webos”, FlashDevelop is telling that ‘Error: “webos” is an unknown target’.

Is there a log somewhere with the problem or I am missing something?
Thanks,
Adrian.

Hello!

The last version of OpenFL that supported webOS was OpenFL 3.6.1/Lime 2.9.1, and you need to use a define called -Dlegacy

Lime 4 should allow using a hard-coded older version of OpenFL, without using your system version.

Try using the following in your project.xml:

<set name="openfl-legacy" />
<haxedef name="openfl-legacy" />

<haxelib name="openfl" version="3.6.1" />

Then see if it works for you

If it does not, try using haxelib set openfl 3.6.1 and try again :slight_smile:

I’ve just tried your solution, but it doesn’t work.
I’ve setup lime to 2.9.1 and openfl to 3.6.1; the first error was that my current hxcpp (3.4.64) doesn’t have in bin the webOS folder; I’ve found tough the hxcpp 3.0.2 that contains the webOS; after that, I have another error : Error: Source path “C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\lime/2,9,1/ndll/webOS/lime.so” does not exist
The single target that works for now is neko.
So, no luck till now…

Don’t forget the “legacy” define, it should use “lime/legacy/ndll/webOS”

I’ve added also the flag, but yet no luck : Error: Source path “C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\lime/2,9,1/legacy/ndll/webOS/lime-legacy.so” does not exist
But now, at least, is working also the windows target, beside neko.
Thanks again.

I forgot that we had to stop including webOS builds with our releases because the webOS SDK stopping working for us our Linux build machine.

An older Lime legacy release should have webOS included, or it should probably be possible to 1.) clone Lime from the source, 2.) git reset --hard 2.9.1 then 3.) lime rebuild tools && lime rebuild webos -Dlegacy

I can help more next week if these tips don’t help

Hi Joshua,

Thanks a lot for your time, but that’s a bummer that the WebOS isn’t now supported.
As I said in the original post, we are looking to see if the OpenFL is good for that type of app.

Thanks again but now I think to go native for this one.

It was difficult to get a copy of the webOS PDK/SDK for Windows, but I just got it installed:

I cloned development versions of the older OpenFL 3 and Lime legacy code paths:

git clone -b openfl3 https://github.com/openfl/openfl openfl-legacy
git clone -b legacy --recursive https://github.com/openfl/lime lime-legacy
haxelib dev openfl openfl-legacy
haxelib dev lime lime-legacy
lime rebuild tools

Then I rebuilt the older Lime C++ shared library for legacy

lime rebuild webos -Dlegacy

I did not charge up a webOS device to test, but you should be able to test a project using the following command:

openfl test webos -Dlegacy

Start with “DisplayingABitmap” or another simple project to start, and see how that works.

Now that I have it rebuilding, perhaps I can update Lime 2.9.1 with the webOS binaries as well

Hi,
I followed your steps, but at “lime rebuild webos -Dlegacy”, it crashed : “Error: ./…/legacy/project/src/sdl/SDLSound.cpp:3:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory”.
Thanks again for your efforts, but unfortunately, this kind of setup is not as straight forward as other development targets (flash, web, windows). I will drop for now this approach.
Any toughs that the webOs will be re-added into latest builds of OpenFL/Lime?

I think you forgot to add the --recursive flag when you cloned Lime, try this command:

git submodule init
git submodule update

Then run lime rebuild webos -Dlegacy again