[PWYW/0-minimum, win/linux] Willy and Mathilda's Houseboat Adventure: The Game

VirtualBox, provided you have 64-bit processor with hardware virtualization support (or 64 bit Windows of course)

1 Like

Surprisingly, my processor might have that (yes, it’s 64-bit)…but only VT-x, not VT-d…I’ll have to look into it :slight_smile:

@MiltonW thanks to @singmajesty and @ibilon’s diagnostics and @wildfireheart’s suggestion of VirtualBox, which I just had preemptively assumed would not be possible on cheap and oldish hardware like mine–so much for my pessimism! :slight_smile: --I’ve managed to set up a 64-bit Linux install, compile #mathildagame, and upload it to itch.io quite smoothly in the end! If you’re still interested and have a moment, please try the new 64-bit download and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for everyone’s help and encouragement! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, works now.
Very oldschool :slight_smile:
The User Interface could use some work…

1 Like

@MiltonW good to hear! Yes, visual parts of the UI have planned changes, plus the narration screen will be rearranged, but if you have any specific suggestions, I’d love to hear them, maybe you can PM me. :slight_smile:

An update, we went gold this week! Give the completed game a go. We sincerely hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

I can no longer edit the original post title, but i.e. we’re not in beta anymore. Still PWYW with 0 minimum, and for Windows and Linux, though.