OpenFL 5.1 available

Is it only since this update, or was it occurring before? Is that with 5.1.1, or 5.1.0? Thanks :slight_smile:

It is since 5.1.0 version

Lime 5.0.1 was just released, which I think would resolve the windows path error you were experiencing before. If you would not mind testing it, I would appreciate it, and I’ll look into SimpleButton

Yes, now fixed for unhandled expection error.

But html5 performance still slower, here’s my comparison (each experiment only load 1 dragonbones nothing else, tested with / without -Dcanvas) :

1. openfl 4.4.1 + lime 3.4.1 + dragonbones jalbanesi : fps not dropped and smooth animation
  2. openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones jalbanesi : fps dropped 50%
  3. openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones 5.0.0 without starling layer : fps dropped 50%

So far number 1 still have great performance if I’m using dragonbones on my games.

I have fullscreen issue, updated from 4.9.2 to 5.1.1 https://ibb.co/nzRCqv

followed this blog https://davidwalsh.name/fullscreen in 4.9.2 worked as expected any advice would be appreciated

Is there anything I can do to reproduce your test? Thanks

sure, here a demo link click upper right button to toggle fullscreen
haxelib list

project XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project>
	<!-- NMML reference: https://gist.github.com/1763850 -->

<!-- metadata, make sure 'package' is at least 3 segments (ie. com.mycompany.myproject) -->
	<meta title="m2_port_HTML5" package="m2portHTML5" version="1.0.0" company="m2 Real Estate" />

<!-- output -->
	<app main="Main" file="m2portHTML5" path="bin" />

<window background="#FFFFFF" fps="60" />
	<window width="960" height="740" unless="mobile" />
	<window orientation="landscape" vsync="false" resizable="true" fullscreen="false" antialiasing="4" unless="mobile" />

<template path="assets/templates/html5/index.html" rename="index.html" if="html5" />

<!-- classpath, haxe libs -->
	<source path="src" />
	<haxelib name="openfl" />
	<haxelib name="actuate" />

<!-- assets -->

<!-- <library path="assets/library.swf" preload="true" /> -->
	<library path="assets/ItemsLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />
	<library path="assets/complexLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />
	<library path="assets/buildingsLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />

<icon path="assets/openfl.svg" />
	<assets path="assets/img" rename="img" />
	<assets path="assets/fonts" rename="fonts" if="html5" />
	<assets path="muiPack" rename="muiPack" />
	<assets path="json" rename="json" />

<!-- optimize output
	<haxeflag name="-dce full" /> -->

</project>

what else do you need I can provide?

Hello, You can use my example source to produce it.

Note : For point 3 - openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones 5.0.0 without starling layer : fps dropped 50% (I notice it’s only happen on chrome win 10 64-bit, on chrome win 7-64bit working fine).

Anynews about this? Thanks

Please try adding -Dopenfl-disable-graphics-upscaling, and the following patch:

I believe that makes the versions more comparable.

We should implement a DragonBones armature/factory that uses Tilemap instead of graphics for better performance, and to avoid this

Yes, It’s have a same performance now with the version openfl 4.4.1 and lime 3.4.1. But my dragonbones position become messy.

Also openfl 5.1.2 and lime 5.0.3 there’s a bug with the button for html5 version like I said before.

Can’t wait for the new version of dragonbones :slight_smile:

Openfl 5.1.3 and lime 5.1.0

There’s bug with button again for html5. When I click the button, the button disappear for first time click. (always)

Also sometimes when I hover a button, the image gone a sec for first time than appear again. (not always)

The latest release (5.1.4) has fixes that should help with SimpleButton

The new release 5.1.4 when I hover a simplebutton, the image continuosly changing between upstate, overstate and become hard to click.

I haven’t seen this problem, would it be possible to share code that reproduces the issue?

Well, It’s very simple to reproduce it. I’m using pirate pig demos 5.1.1 + openfl 5.1.5 + lime 5.2.1

on piratepig.PiratePig.hx and replace the constructor of the class with this :

public function new () {

super ();

initialize ();
	construct ();

resize (stage.stageWidth, stage.stageHeight);
	stage.addEventListener (Event.RESIZE, stage_onResize);

var btn:SimpleButton = new SimpleButton();
	btn.upState = new Bitmap (Assets.getBitmapData("images/game_bear.png"));
	btn.overState = new Bitmap (Assets.getBitmapData("images/game_bunny_02.png"));
	btn.hitTestState = btn.upState;
	btn.x = 100;
	btn.y = 100;
	addChild(btn);
}

Also I get this warning on version openfl 5.1.5 and lime 5.2.1 (old version never showing this warning)
Warning: Could not find generated font file "export/html5/release/obj/webfont/FredokaOne-Regular.eot"
Warning: Could not find generated font file "export/html5/release/obj/webfont/FredokaOne-Regular.woff"
Warning: Could not find generated font file “export/html5/release/obj/webfont/FredokaOne-Regular.svg”

I’m seeing the warnings about generated font files missing, too

I just fixed your case with SimpleButton, here:

Hello sorry for long reply, it’s work fine now. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue preloading PiratePig on Firefox Android