Is SampleDataEvent implemented for Windows?

in what version of lime openfl it works? i’m working in a old version, maybe it will work for me?

This isn’t ideal because of course ideally SampleDataEvent should be implemented. It would help me a lot if it was. But here’s an example I made for one of my libs demonstrating a synth working on top of openal using NativeChannel from heaps:

The key file is here:

Alas, I can’t remember what version it was. :wink:
But I have good news, it still works with OpenFL 8.0.1! There’s just one line that needs to be changed:

We need to change it to this:

if (SoundMixer.__soundChannels.length >= SoundMixer.MAX_ACTIVE_CHANNELS) {

Reason is simple - if we just use the Sound object to listen for a SampleDataEvent, __buffer will be null upon initialization and the events won’t ever get fired.

1 Like

This pattern is the music we hear? How do you lear to do that? i mean to compose inthat array the music?:

patterns.push(["g-2|g-4", "", "", "a-4", "a#4", "", "d-2|a-4", "", "g-4", "", "f-4", "", "g-2|g-4", "", "d-4", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "d-4", "", "g-2|g-4", "", "", "a-4", "a#4", "", "c-2|c-5", "", "a#4", "", "c-5", "", "d-2|d-5", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "d-5", ""]);

finally have time to test your changes, and is working just fine!

It’s a bit abstract, isn’t it? :wink:
I’ve been using arrays to create music since the glory days of my TI-99/4a, so I’m quite
used to it. However, since the whole sequencer in this example is heavily based on
the .mod format, I’ve used a tracker to compose the melody and merely wrote down the notes
into the array afterwards.

1 Like

“a#4” this is a note that i understand
"" this is silence maybe?
g-2|g-4 that i dont understand

Where goes the tempo?

i’ve also tested the changes proposed by obscure, seem to be working really well. any chance of integrating them in the release?

1 Like

This is working real great now!

video

Any one knows how to make envelope for the whitenoise/percusion ?