Android apk installation error: Unknown option: -d

I am duplicating an archived topic from here: https://muut.com/i/openfl/installation:android-apk-installation-er

it seems that the ā€œ-dā€ option on Android is device, not developer tools specific. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Thereā€™s an annoying that occurs when you test the same project ID from multiple systems, where the device will reject an install if it is a downgrade, but it does not return an error code, so it goes ahead and runs the old version of your project. Confusing, to say the least, if itā€™s happened to you.

Now the tools should detect the device version before trying to pass a ā€œ-dā€ argument, weā€™ll try and get a new version of Lime built and out the door very soon so you donā€™t have any more problems :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just pushed a new version of Lime to haxelib which should now resolve this, if you have any further issues, let me know!

Hello,

iā€™ve just run into this problemā€¦

OpenFL: 6.2.0
Lime: 5.6.0
hxcpp: 3.4.188
hxtools: 1.1.6

Android SDK Tools: 25.2.5
Android SDK Platform-tools: 26.0.1
Android SDK Build-tools: 24.0.1

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Many thanks in advanced for any help!

(Also mentioned here: http://www.openfl.org/archive/community/bugs/openfl-11-android-error-unknown-option-d/ )

It seems to be phone related.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) Android 4.1.2 Does NOT work.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) Android 5.0.1 Does work!

Best Regards.

Sorry for the trouble:

Our device SDK version detection script was breaking builds, so it appears to have been disabled. Most devices are new enough to support the ā€˜-dā€™ (ā€œallow downgradeā€) flag on install, which is super helpful when using the same device on different development systems.

Iā€™ve opened a new issue

Thanks for the reply and the information. Iā€™ve tried and to enable the If statement in:

• lib\lime\5,6,0\lime\tools\helpers\AndroidHelper.hx

but this does not effect anything? It probably requires to run a command afterwards to rebuild lime.exe or something?

This is ofcourse not a real major issue. I only use older devices to test performance. I can push the Apk to the phone in other ways. But the ability to do it from the haxe command-line utils is slightly faster and does not require me to start the logcat manually :smiley: (me so lazy)

Thanks!

Yeah, you need to lime rebuild tools in order to get that change to work, but I donā€™t think the code there is reliable :slight_smile:

1 Like

I canā€™t judge the reliability of this fix on a bigger scale, but on my test devices it solves the problem!

Iā€™m happy with it, Thanks a lot!

Thank you! Itā€™s solved my trouble with freezing on ā€œPerfoming Push installā€¦ā€ after success building.